Magnetic Sign InformationBack to Vehicle Magnets
Every Magnetic Sign Owner Needs to Read and Follow these Guidelines!
For best results and the longest life of your sign you should follow these guidelines. Failure to follow these instructions can cause damage to the sign and to the vehicle's paint finish.
Before Attaching Your Flexible Magnetic Sign:
- Be sure all surface paints, clear coats and waxes are cured or hardened. Paint takes a minimum of 90 days to cure; clear coat a minimum of 60 days.
- The vehicle should be clean and dry before attaching the sign.
- Apply a good quality car wax to the area of the vehicle where you are going to attach the sign. Make sure you polish it thoroughly.
- Clean the reverse side of the magnetic material with water and a mild detergent, then wipe with a soft cloth and let dry.
Applying Your Flexible Magnetic Sign:
- Magnetic signs will not adhere to irregular or highly curved surfaces, such as trim molding, etc. You have to find a flat or gently curved surface to apply the sign.
- The sign should be flat against the surface, with no air pockets, bubbles, or edges of the sign raised off the surface.
- The sign will not stick to non-metallic body fillers, simulated wood grain siding, and some repainted surfaces.
- Corners of the sign should be rounded to help prevent air flow from raising the sign off and blowing it away.
- If you place the sign in the wrong position, do not drag the sign across the surface to the new position, it will scratch the finish. Remove the sign completely and re-affix.
Using Your Flexible Magnetic Sign:
- Do not use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight, such as automobile hoods. Do not use on any surface in which the temperature exceeds 150°F.
- Long term use on surfaces exposed to sunlight can result in uneven fading of the surface because the area under the magnetic sign is shielded from ultraviolet sun rays.
- High winds, turbulence, and vehicles passing while driving can cause the sign to blow off.
Storing Your Flexible Magnetic Sign:
- When not in use, keep in a clean, dry place. Do not store in the trunk or on the seats of your car as temperatures can easily exceed 150°F.
- Store your sign rolled up on end, with printing facing out, so that flat spots won't develop.
- If storing the sign flat, it should be kept completely flat on a level, smooth surface. Do not place objects on top of the sign which can damage the face. Do not stack two signs with the magnetic material facing each other.
Daily Cleaning of Your Flexible Magnetic Sign:
- To guard against dirt buildup, you should remove the sign daily from your vehicle to inspect and clean.
- You should weekly re-apply a fine quality car wax to the painted surface holding a magnetic sign.
Failure to follow any of these instructions can cause damage to the sign and to the vehicle's paint finish and other surfaces.